For strong individual and organizational performance
Executive coaching is a customized, results-oriented process that increases a client’s leadership, interpersonal and career effectiveness.
We usually begin with a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s strengths and development needs. This is typically conducted through a 360-degree interview process, in which the client selects key stakeholders to provide relevant feedback on his/her performance. Interview findings are presented in a clear, concise report describing an individual’s strengths and areas for improvement. We also administer the Center for Creative Leadership’s and Korn Ferry Lominger International’s 360° assessment tools for clients interested in receiving quantitative, as well as qualitative feedback on leadership performance (see complete list of instruments in Jill Kanter’s bio).
We support clients in leveraging 360 feedback to identify specific areas for development, with emphasis on practical application that directly addresses a client’s leadership and organizational challenges. The client is guided in creating a development plan with concrete, measurable goals that meet the organization’s criteria for success. We typically meet with the client and his/her manager for input and feedback on the development plan.
Coaching typically incorporates a series of one to one-and-a-half-hour sessions conducted bi-weekly over a period of six months—session frequency and duration of the coaching process are determined by a client’s unique developmental needs. Sessions often are supplemented by telephone and email communication.
Sessions focus on developing a client’s ability to assess and respond strategically to current challenges, while strengthening specific, identified skills. We carefully monitor client progress against development plan goals and check-in with a client’s manager and human resources partner, as appropriate, throughout the coaching process.
Closing and Next Steps:
We conclude engagements with a closing meeting with the client and his/her manager to assess the client’s progress and discuss plans for continued development.
Jill Kanter Associates’ Executive Coaching strengths:
- Strong focus on the link between individual performance and organizational goals, emphasizing measurable results
- Quick grasp of the unique business and professional issues facing executives
- Powerful aid in gaining and applying key insights drawn from various forms of data and feedback
- Quick establishment of a coaching environment and working alliance with clients that encourage openness to new perspectives
- Effective guidance in understanding others’ points of view, inspiring breakthroughs in the quality of working relationships
- Emphasis on using concrete examples of proven strategies and suggestions in support of the most efficient client learning and development